Marketing through racing puts your name out there week after week among some of the most loyal fans in sports. Using a young up-and-coming driver such as Justin creates a large following.
For the 2013 racing season, Justin has committed to 5 races at Hickory Motor Speedway in NC, “The Birthplace of the NASCAR Stars.” Justin will start out racing a Limited Late Model car #15 before moving up to a Late Model fielded by Lee Faulk Racing in the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series. Lee Faulk Racing has been in the sport over 19 years with notable drivers such as Nelson Piquet, Jr and Max Papis, a Championship season in 2011 and recommendations from Emerson Fittipaldi.
Surrounding yourself with good people is essential to being successful in any endeavor.
• the talent in Justin as the driver
• the 19+ years of experience and good equipment from Lee Faulk Racing
• the experience and contacts within the sport from ICON25 Motorsports Marketing, a professional marketing company assisting Justin with sponsor business-2-business opportunities within the racing industry.
• Marketing partners to help fund an additional 10 races for the 2013 season.
According to Performance Research, Marketing Analysis for Corporate Sponsorship of Sports and Special Events, fans were interviewed and “57% indicated that they had a higher trust in products offered by NASCAR sponsors.” They also reported that “71% will ‘almost always’ or ‘frequently’ choose a product involved in NASCAR over one that is not, simply because of the sponsorship.” Compare that to only “16% of the general public who holds a ‘higher’ trust in Olympic sponsors and only 5% who have a ‘higher’ trust in sponsors of World Cup Soccer.”
A sponsorship provides your business with logo decals on the race cars and on the car hauler but that is not all. Your business name will also be featured through on-line social media, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube videos. Your company’s website will be linked to JustinBolton.com.
It is all about creating a “buzz” or following around racing. Maximize the impact of your advertising by targeting a select group. Customers will soon relate your product with Justin’s race car and their experience with being at the track and/or following the races through social media.
Remember — even if you do not follow racing, what matters is that your current and potential new customers most likely do.
Bob Pockrass of Sporting News published an article November 2012 where the marketing and communications agency Taylor found:
• “In 2011, 71 percent of avid fans said they were very likely to recommend NASCAR to friends and family. In 2012, it jumped to 78 percent, 82 percent among female fans.
• The avid fan’s use of social media sites is growing. According to the survey, 74 percent visit Facebook during a given month while 52 percent visit YouTube and 27 percent visit Twitter. Twitter use among avid NASCAR fans is up 35 percent over a year ago.
• Sponsor loyalty is still big in NASCAR. More than half (and 71 percent of 18-34) said they will support sponsors the longer they stay involved in the sport. In fact, 27 percent said they choose a favorite driver based on the sponsor.”
Racing is not just about driving the car, it is now about being a well-rounded spokesperson for a marketing partner. With a strong marketing partner behind him, Justin will be dedicated not only to his racing but also to increasing your brand awareness both on and off the track. Justin and the race car will be available for company events and/or charity functions to promote your business.
Running in the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series is the first rung of the ladder when climbing through the levels of NASCAR racing. As Justin excels through the different racing series, your business can continue to excel as well.
By partnering with Alliance Racing and Justin Bolton, you will help a young driver continue his racing career.
Please contact Alliance Racing at 724-516-6325 or by e’mail at TurnLeft@AllianceRacing.net for detailed information on sponsorship opportunities. There are different levels of sponsorship available to best fit your company’s needs.
To make a one-time donation, you may also visit www.gofundme.com/JustinBoltonRacing.